Pages

Sunday 17 May 2015

ANOTHER FAMILY BIRTHDAY

 
As a Taurean, I love to share my birthday month with like minded people and my granddaughter Kirsty has hers on the 3rd of May.  Every year I make a special card for each of my family, trying to choose a picture appropriate to their likes and personality.  This is Kirsty's card for this year.  She had told me about a visit to the Tate gallery where she had seen her favourite painting, the Lady of Shallott by J W Waterhouse.  Of course out came my book of his paintings and a copy was made in coloured pencil.

 
Like me she loves the Pre-Raphaelites and this watercoloured one was done for her in 2010, Ophelia by J W Waterhouse again.

 
Kirsty is now a classics student at Exeter university and when she showed me a poem she had written about Pandora when she was at school, I had to find an appropriate picture for her card in 2011.

 
In 2012 I moved on to Mucha and his wonderful posters from the art nouveau era.  I chose a different range of complementary colours to draw them in as the originals were rather monochromatic.

 
Kirsty loved this one too in 2013, more complementary colours.
 
 
 
This painting by Dante Gabriel Rosetti has always been one of my favourites and as I kept the first one I drew for myself I had to draw it again for Kirsty.
I wonder if you are beginning to see a theme running here?  They all have red hair just like my gorgeous granddaughter!


 
Here we are together only 3 weeks ago at the garden party, how amazed we were that we had even chosen to wear the same colour!
Well, that's it for now, we're off on our travels in the morning so I'll see you again in about 6 weeks time. Have fun in the sun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment