Pages

Saturday 4 February 2017

SKETCHBOOK 40 PART 2

 
I've been searching through all my old photos for suitable subjects for my portrait sketchbook and I've spent a lot of time nostalging.  It's very easy to get sidetracked isn't it!  Here is a photo taken in 1966 of my youngest sister Juliet when she was 12.

 
My daughters Justine and Joanna appear in lots more photos, especially since the advent of digital photography.  Do you remember when we had to consider carefully what to photograph as there were only 12 shots on the film?

 
These two drawings are copied from this delightful photo of my girls helping with the renovations of our home in Salfords.  Bob gave them bits of wood to play with while we got on with the serious business of building a new kitchen.  Anyone who knows Bob won't be surprised to hear that we still own all those tools as well as the worktable that was my father's before we took it over.

It's not easy to get a good drawing from such a tiny image but I'll be working hard to get better likeness by the end of the book!

 
Here's Joanna 38 years later at a wedding looking very glamorous.
I'll be back to the drawing board this week so watch this space for more of my family portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment