Pages

Sunday 10 December 2017

BUSY WINTER STITCHING

 
Hi everybody, sorry I've been away from the blog for a while keeping busy making things for sale as well as presents for family and no doubt you're all tied up with Christmas preparations too.  My needlework has taken over my life and I'm really loving interpreting my sketches as stitchpics.  Here is one of the strange yellow sky that happened in October after storm Ophelia.

 
While I was in England I acquired some water soluble stabiliser and couldn't wait to try making a picture with it using tiny fabric scraps and yarns from my wool stash.  I'm really pleased with how it's turned out and I have made a couple more to make into cards for birthdays.

 
I went to my bookbinding friend in the village to collect some tape and while I was there Ann showed me her hand-made paper scraps left over from her professional bookbinding work which are far too pretty and precious to throw away.  I said I would be happy to take them off her hands to use for my artistic projects and came home with a bag full of all colours and sizes.

 
I wove some strips into a piece big enough to cover a book and I think it has turned out rather well.  There's plenty more to have a go with later when I get the time so I'll share them with you later.

 
I've been busy stitching Swedish Dala horses for another project and here is one I kept for myself to cover a book with.

 
 
It was just the right size for a square book, no 44 in my sequence so I stitched the number and year on the spine before I completed the binding.
 
 
My portrait collection is coming along too and here is Joanna my youngest daughter with her lovely smile.

 
And her son baby James a few hours after his birth nearly 6 years ago.
 
 
And finally Justine posing by a tree with her hair blowing in the wind, glamorous as always!
 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment