Pages

Friday 14 February 2014

INSPIRATION EXCHANGE

 
I had a wonderful surprise this week when Starr White of Wonderland Woods showed me what she has made of my tiny red mushroom sketch.  Here is her beautiful embroidery which really captures the shape and colour of the original. Above is a sketch I did yesterday using one of her lovely forest photos as inspiration. It is on the end papers at the front of my latest sketchbook, newly bound with papyrus inside the covers.
 
 
Starr loves mushrooms and we've both been delighted with our exchanges of inspiration. To see more of her work have a look at her blog Wonderland Woods
 
 
Here is my sketch and the photo below of the original mushroom which is the size of a Yew berry.
I was very lucky to see it hiding in the grass before it got trodden on!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment