Pages

Saturday 17 November 2018

SKETCHBOOK CATCH UP

 
Mushrooms are appearing in my garden and along with the red spotty ones a few golden brown oddities that I've drawn life size here.

 
The pine tree in my garden is very stocky with a wonderfully cracked bark.  I sat on the bank one warm afternoon to draw what I could see and maybe one day make a textile art piece from the image.

 
A piece of bark drawn from both sides, still a work in progress.

 
In England visiting the family we went for a lovely walk on Sunday morning and James and I collected pockets full of chestnuts and leaves to draw and we even ate some of the nuts!

 
While I was at Justine's we walked at Winkworth arboretum which is famous for the collection of Acers.  What pleasure to collect all the lovely red leaves and spend the time to draw them;


 
Another Sunday and a walk near the river at Guildford where we found a hop plant covered in fruit.

 
James is becoming a good artist and he borrowed my triplus watersoluble pens to do his own drawings.

 
I sent him a set and a waterbrush of his own before I left to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment