Pages

Wednesday 27 April 2016

TRIP TO ENGLAND 2016 PART 1

 
We're back home now from our latest trip to England where we stayed on our favourite camp site, Alderstead Heath, which is very close to the M23 and M25 motorways.  We managed to get onto the best pitch, no 13, with it's lovely view of the trees and fields.

 
The weather was far too cold to sit outdoors to draw so I had the windscreen as a frame for my sketches.  The sun set behind the trees in the distance here tinting the sky pale pinks and oranges after I had finished this sketch.

 
We visited Mum most days to cook her lunch and spend some time together.  One afternoon she went to her community tea party to celebrate the Queen's 90th birthday, something Mum herself will be doing later in the year.

 
The afternoons were quiet and relaxed, Bob snoozed while Mum read the paper and I sketched them both!

 
Back at the campsite I collected a bunch of wild flowers to draw in my Museum watercolour pencils.

 
There were lots of cowslips under the silver birches between the pitches as well as wood anenomes in the woods but I ran out of time to draw them.
 
 
This silver birch was just next to our parking place and I spent a couple of hours one evening drawing it while the squirrels foraged for food in the grass.
I'll be back in a couple of days with our visit to Jo and James, à bientot!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment