Pages

Thursday 2 June 2016

IT'S SEWING BEE TIME!

 
The Great British sewing bee has started a new series and of course I've been inspired to get out my machine again.  I finally got around to making this top from the sarong I bought in Tenerife.  I made the long black and white dress too but I haven't had a chance to photograph it yet so that will have to wait for another day.
 
 
You might remember this drawing I made in my holiday sketchbook.


 
I have a loyalty card for the local fabric shop and when I received a 10 euro voucher as a birthday bonus I was off in a flash to spend it!  I bought white stretch denim to make some summer trousers and came across this fabulous printed plasticised tablecloth fabric.  I just had to buy a metre for only 6 euros with the idea of making a beach bag and look how brilliantly it turned out!  I'm going to use it when we're away in the camping car to take my towel and toiletries to the showers in the mornings and it will co-ordinate with my bright pink dressing gown too!

 
Here's another piece of irristible fabric that I made into a bag to carry my art materials on holiday in and there was just enough to make a little zippy pouch as well.  Needless to say it's packed and parked on the end of my bunk in the camping car already as we're leaving in the morning.

 
Last week I made a new sketchbook covered in this gorgeous Parisian inspired fabric with a colour matched leather spine.  The pages are made with maps and hand made paper samples like the last one I made.  This time I used Loire valley maps as we were planning a tour of the region over the next few weeks but we've had to change our plans because of the serious flooding there at the moment.

 
The end papers are made of a map with florist's tissue glued to it, just translucent enough to see the map through it.  Then I used another map to cut out the numbers and did the lettering and borders in Derwent line painters as they are opaque.

 
I started working in it on Sunday with a sketch of our lunch eaten in the garden.  We had a lovely time sitting in the sun making our holiday plans and being swooped over by the swallows that live in the barn over the road.
Well that's it from me for a couple of weeks, let's hope for some warm sunshine and lots of interesting things to see and draw. 
A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment