Pages

Tuesday 28 August 2018

ANOTHER SET OF PORTRAITS

 
My portrait project is growing and I've hand stitched another six pictures during the summer.
Here is Kirsty with her lovely red hair which is actually a lot longer than it appears in the picture.

 
My niece Esther was quite difficult to capture, this is the second attempt at her face.

 
My nephew Gregory, son of Rosi who died 15 years ago, has a wonderful head of curly red hair which he is very proud of.  I had a lot of fun stitching it in a mixture of  yarns.

 
This portrait of Steph, my middle granddaughter is a reject, it's not very pretty and her plait is far too dominating.  I've started a new version using a different photo which I'm sure will be more flattering.

 
My brother Chris has white hair like me and a jolly smile.  I used a pale grey linen and monochrome running stitches in different thicknesses.

 
And finally here's a funny one of me, I'm not happy with the likeness so I'll probably try another one for the final quilt.
The main thing with all these portraits is that I am really enjoying working them and the challenge to make the recognisable.

No comments:

Post a Comment