Pages

Thursday 30 August 2018

CONFETTI QUILTING

 
The September challenge in the Postcard fabric art Facebook group is inspired by the art of Leonid Afremov and the colours blue and yellow, theme of landscape and using confetti quilting technique.
 
 
I had a search online for the confetti idea, watched a couple of videos, and soon I was rummaging in my scrap bags looking for suitable fabrics to cut up.


 
Luckily I'm a tidy person and each colour had it's own bag which made the selection a lot easier.

 
I decided to use water soluble stabiliser to mount the confetti on to and as I have two sorts I put the opaque one on the base and the transparent one on top so I could see where I was stitching.

 
The idea is that you sandwich all the scraps between the layers of stabiliser and free motion stitch all over to make sure all the bits of fabric are attached to each other.

 
Before long I realised I needed to put in a lot more pins all over the piece as when I moved it about on the sewing machine the scraps collected in one place instead of being spread out!

 
I decided to make some red and green confetti as well so that I can use it for various projects in the future.

 
What a fun afternoon, stitching like crazy then running to the bathroom to wash away the stabiliser and see what I had made!

 
And here are the finished sheets all A4 sized, dried and ready to use when I find my subject. 
We're off on our next camping car trip tomorrow so I will be sketching views of Brittany as we travel around and hopefully one of them will be suitable for the confetti stitchpic treatment.
Watch this space in a couple of weeks for episode 2 of the September Postcard fabric art challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment