Pages

Thursday 23 August 2018

BAGS OF BAGS!

 
After a lovely long hot summer, the weather has changed and rain has come to water the garden and I started to think of making things for next year's garden party.
I have a lovely collection of fabrics given to me by friends and family and it seemed a good idea to make some lingerie bags.
 
 
I had already made these two for Justine to use for her holidays and also seen some pretty ones at an art expo last week so a couple of afternoons work produced what you can see in the top picture.
I appliqued orchids from some organza or broderie anglaise using bondaweb and zigzag stitch to finish the edges.
 
 
Then I used some crinkly brown cotton with a matching print to make a pair of shoe bags which turned out big enough for at least two pairs.

 
 
My sister and niece had asked me to make them bags like mine for their birthdays so I set to and made the larger ones you can see here.  They measure approx. 42 cms wide by 26 cms high.

 
There was plenty of fabric left over to make a pair of smaller ones too which measure 30 cms wide and 20 cms high.
 
 
All the bags have internal pockets for pens or phones and a plastic inner base to give support.
 

 
I'm really pleased with my rainy day efforts and I'm already planning my next wet weather projects, maybe some sketchbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment