Pages

Saturday 6 April 2019

WINTER HOLIDAYS 2019

 
We had 2 lovely sunny weeks at Los Cristianos on Tenerife in a comfortable modern hotel overlooking the harbour and bay.

I took some embroidery supplies with me so that I could sit and stitch in the sun.
I was inspired by the cacti used to decorate the public areas of the hotel combined a couple of sketches for this one.
 
 
There was a nice pool area with plenty of interesting trees and plants to draw.

 
I took a handful of inktense crayons and some water soluble Triplus pens so I was very happy sitting for the afternoon drawing what was in front of me.

 
These pots of cacti were on the roof of the hotel in a chill out zone where we could relax on big sofas and sun loungers with extra cushions.

 
The cactus bar had it's 6 foot high symbol in a huge pot.

 
While we were there I went to the market to say hello to Sharon and buy a few more of her beautiful sarongs. She was delighted to see what I had made in previous years and I've promised to email her a picture of my next creations.

 
My final stitch pic is an interpretation of the view from our balcony at sunset.  I re-cycled lots of bits like the ribbon from a basket of goodies from the hotel, a cord from a sun-hat and the sun is cut from a perfume sample card.
We're already thinking  of our next trip, a cruise to the cities of the Baltic in May and I'm planning to make a sketchbook to record the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment