Pages

Monday 18 March 2013

TENERIFE HOLIDAY PART 1

 
We've just returned from a wonderful fortnight in Tenerife where we stayed on the Costa Adeje. 
 I took with me one of my home made journals filled with Canson Mi-tientes pastel paper in very soft colours, a couple of Faber Castell Pitt pens, a selection of Inktense pencils, watercolours and 2 waterbrushes.
 
 
The resort is a few kilometres north of Playa las Americas which we had visited 22 years ago.  This newer holiday centre is a bit more up market than the old resort with no time-share touts and no all day English breakfasts!
 
 
The seaside promenade stretches all along the coast through all the resorts so one can walk from end to end with enough energy.  We managed to go to the northern end of our section before running out of steam and needing a cold beer!
 
 
There are palm trees everywhere of all shapes and sizes.
 
 
I risked pricking my fingertips picking this sprig from a plant growing in a dried up river bed we passed along the way. I'm not really sure of the correct name so if anyone knows please let me know.
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment