Pages

Thursday 11 July 2013

PROVENCE TRIP PART 1

 
I decided to use the sketchbook I made at the bookbinding lesson I took in January for this trip so I made an elasticated band to hold my pens and the re-purposed box of inktense blocks. I planned to use the blocks as watercolours with the waterbrush.
 
 
I designed the title page to colour co-ordinate with the cover and told the story of how it was made in the speech bubbles.
 
 
We set off on Tuesday June 11th and made our first stop at Saint Amand Montrond in the department of Cher.  Bob used to work here in his 20s as a repair engineer for Monotype. He made many visits to the printing works and started his love of France and wine at the Hotel de la Poste.  Sadly the hotel has been empty now for 5 years since the owners sold up and the business failed under the new proprietors.
 
 
The camper car park is at the side of the canal de Berry on the edge of town within walking distance of the bars and shops.  We always go to La Rotonde in the square as they serve good food at reasonable prices and Bob has fond memories of evenings there in his youth!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment