Pages

Saturday 27 July 2013

PROVENCE PART 8

 
From Ile sur la Sorgue we went on to the Colorado of Rustrel, an area of former ochre quarries. We found a campsite very close by and set up under the oak trees where the land had been terraced to make flat piches for the campers.
 
 
 
The hill side climbed behind us with smaller flattened areas for tents and we had quite a bit of trouble trying to get our camper car level.  I had to put folded towels under the end of my mattress to be able to sleep as we were sloping down slightly and that sinking feeling was very strange!
 
 
 
We set up our table and chairs and ate our lunch with this lovely view over the valley and across the lavender fields.  I had been looking forward to this trip at this time of year so I could see for myself the lavender for which Provence is so famous. It was just a bit early to see it in full bloom and the flowers looked a bit darker than I expected so I used a bit of artistic licence with the colouring!
 
 
 
.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment