Pages

Sunday 10 February 2013

Trip of a lifetime to Sweden

 
In 2012 I fulfilled the dream of a lifetime to visit the place of my birth.
 
 
My parents met and married there in 1947 and brought up a family of 4 children before returning to England in time for me to start school in1955
 
 
I was born in Norrkoping and wanted to find where we used to live in the town as well as the country cottage we used every summer.  We also wanted to see some of the beautiful Baltic coast and countryside.
 
 
We crossed the channel from St Malo to Portsmouth on May 17th 2012 and headed to Hamble to visit Christopher for a day before going on to stay at Justine's.
 
 
While we were there, Justine, the girls and I went to visit a garden open for a charity day and had a great time exploring the formal gardens as well as the amazing bluebell walk. We all took sketchbooks and spent some time drawing parts of the garden before we got too cold and had to head off for hot chocolate and cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment