Pages

Friday 1 January 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 
Once again I've been busy making cards for family members.  This first one is Bob's for his birthday that falls on Christmas day. When we met he had a white MGB which he eventually sold to put a deposit down on our first home.  He likes to joke he exchanged his beloved car for a wife and two stepdaughters!  I was lucky to see a green model of this car a few weeks ago and took a few photos to use for this watercolour although it was quite difficult to interpret the shading for a white car and I even remembered the number plate of Bob's original car!

 
This is the one I drew in coloured pencils for my sister Juliet from one of her own photographs.  I really like the misty effect of the leaves keeping the strokes all in the same direction, must try that again one day!

 
Here's Jimmy's Christmas card, full of chocolate coins which he loved.

 
The next four are a set although the recipients would only realise that when they opened the card to see them all used as part of the message.

 
I had a lot of fun last January designing these using typical Christmas nature patterns.  I added glitter to the berries before sending them off.

 
I chose which letter to send to reflect the initials if possible and one friend did actually comment that he though it was very special to have a personalised card until he opened it and saw the message! 

 
I've already started thinking about next year's design but it's going to be a while yet before I'm happy with the idea I have in mind.
Have a very happy and healthy new year and happy painting too!

No comments:

Post a Comment