Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2013

2nd Jan 2013 and looking forward to Spring

All the flowers in this sketch were picked on the same day down our lane.  The primroses are very long lasting around here, I've just picked one today from a sheltered spot nearby.
 
 
I decided one day to collect as many different grasses as I could find and have been amazed at the variety of shapes and sizes.  Grass is so commonplace along the lanes and in the garden that we take it for granted but close inspection of the flowering heads and the pollen is very rewarding!
 
I've always been keen on growing herbs ever since I had my first garden in Salfords 40 years ago. They are always the first thing to be planted when we move to a new house.  I do use them in cooking as well of course!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment