Pages

Friday 19 December 2014

CHRISTMAS CARDS 2

 
Episode 2 of my home made Christmas cards takes us to China.
 
 
My Belarussian friend Luba, who was the MD of the state fashion industry had many good connections, one of them being the Chinese ambassador.  When he gave her a calendar depicting the many regional costumes of his country she very kindly passed it on to me.
 
 
I spent many happy hours studying and copying the images into my sketchbook and then decided to use them for my cards for 2011 and 2012.
 
 
I devised a method of printing the outlines with some of the more complicated colours finished and then hand painted the main colours in watercolour or indian ink as well as some iridescent paints I found in my materials store.
 
 
I had to trace the Chinese calligraphy as the lines were very difficult to get right freehand!
 
 
There are still several more costumes on the calendar so maybe in future my friends and family will get some more Chinese cards to add to their collections.  ???   Let me know what you think!
I'm going to post the sketchbook pages on my Facebook page for Colours in the Breizh if you want to see more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment