Pages

Monday 24 March 2014

BACK FROM OUR HOLIDAY

 
We've just come back from a fortnight in Tenerife where the sun shone every day with varying degrees of warmth having had a lovely relaxing time.   I took a new sketchbook with lovely earth tinted papers in it as well as my Museum watercolour pencils with the intention of drawing a variety of different subjects.  This parrot is my favourite drawn from memory after an evening of entertainment at the hotel.
 
 
I also took my slim handbag sketchbook with the pale tinted papers to use out and about. This was drawn on the first day during our morning stroll along the seafront. I had bought a multicoloured pencil and was itching to try it out.  It's lead is quite hard and to get the effect of all the colours I had to twist the pencil as I wrote but quite easy to use on the relevant side for specific colours.
 
 
On the first afternoon we sat by the pool to read and I started on the plants in the gardens. The wind was a bit fresh and it started to cloud over by the time I finished so we went in for a warming cup of tea.
 
 
The hotel is built on the side of a hill with fabulous views over the hotels below and far out to sea. Our room was on the top floor, level with the top of the palm treees growing around the pool where we had sat for the previous sketch.
 
 
The hotel bar on the 5th floor has a seating area all around the balcony overlooking the gardens as they descend through 10 levels down the hill to the lower pool.  It was wonderful to sit in the sun level with more palm tops growing from lower down.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment